Ag Ventures Alliance invests in companies that increase farm profitability. We not only bring financial resources to the table but add value to each company by supplementing AgVA staff resources with our extensive farmer network to assure that products optimize farm productivity and income.
- We are seed and startup stage investors
- We can lead or merely participate in seed stage deals but let others lead in growth stage investments.
- We are looking for disruptive technology that works and has a large, verifiable market.
- The management team can be incomplete but must consist of intelligent, driven individuals who are willing to listen, take advice and are willing to grow the company to a successful exit.
- We can invest anywhere in the U.S. but tend to focus on the Midwest.
Iowa Cubs Game
This summer AgVA will be offering discounted group tickets to the Iowa Cubs vs Round Rock Express game on Sunday, July 28th at 1:08 pm. The cost to attend will be $8.00 per person. Children will also have the chance to run the bases. Tickets are limited. Deadline to purchase them is July 18th.
AgVA's Annual Bus Trip
Come join AgVA on a bus trip on Thursday, August 8th the John Deere Des Moines Works (where self-propelled sprayers, cotton harvesters, tillage equipment and grain drills are manufactured), Dogpatch Urban Gardens (see an urban farm located in Des Moines where all of their crops are grown using organic methods), and Jasper Winery (a winery that uses grapes from all over Central Iowa where wine goers are able to see into their barrel and productions rooms). Lunch will be at Jethro's BBQ Lakehouse in Ankeny. There will buses leaving from two locations (Mason City and Atlantic). The cost is $10 for AgVA members and $20 for non-members.
Join Ag Ventures Alliance on Saturday, August 10th as we learn how to navigate the industrial hemp opportunity. We have invited a panel of experts to discuss the regulatory outlook, market opportunities, and agronomic practices to consider as we prepare for the new opportunities connected to industrial hemp in Iowa. Details