- This event has passed.
Ag Ventures Alliance 2022 Annual Meeting
March 24 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Dear Ag Ventures Alliance Member,
Notice is Hereby Given, that the annual meeting of the members of Ag Ventures Alliance Cooperative will be held North Iowa Area Community College (Muse Norris Conference Center), 500 College Drive, Mason City, IA 50401 on March 24, 2022, starting at 11:30 am with registration and display booths opening at 11:00 am. For those unable to attend in person there will also be a Zoom option available (see below).
The guest speaker will be Mitchell Hora. Mitchell Hora is a 7th generation Washington County Iowa farmer, where he and his parents manage a 700ac corn, soybeans, and rye operation. While studying Agronomy and Ag Systems Technology at Iowa State, Mitchell launched Continuum Ag, a soil health data intelligence company. Upon launching the TopSoil Tool, Continuum became the first to market in the soil health data management space and has since grown their footprint to cover 38 states and 15 countries. The company scales its regenerative ag management services by working with groups such as Rabobank, Land O’Lakes, John Deere, CIBO and a global consultant network. Mitchell practices regenerative systems on his farm and has earned awards including being named to the Forbes Under 30 list.
This year’s agenda will consist of:
- Welcome & Introductions
- Normal Business
- Election of Officers
- Innovation & Lunch (Menu: Prime Rib, Chicken Saltimbocca, Roasted Red Potatoes, Fresh Broccoli Cauliflower Carrots, Rolls, 3-layer Black Forest Cake & 3-layer Lemon & Cream Cake)
- Guest Speaker – Mitchell Hora
- President’s Speech
- Executive Director’s Report
- State of the Industry: Equipment Values – Kyle McMahon, TractorZoom
- Investment Portfolio
- Farmer Trial Kickoff
- Guest Companies – There will be display tables at the back of the room before, during and after the meeting. Some of the companies coming are Rantizo, Phospholutions, Continuum Ag, Midland Co., EarthSense, and ChopLocal.
- Raffles – There will be several items/services raffled off to those in attendance. Here are just a few of those items: TractorZoom – Free Farmer Subscription, Phospholutions – 40 acres of Rhizosorb, Continuum Ag – $500 of TopSoil Credit & iPad, Spornado – 40 acres of disease monitoring, EarthSense – 40 acres of cover crop seeding by robot estimated $400 value, and Shepherd – 1 year subscription $999 value.
In the packet you received in the mail you will find a mail-in ballot for the director elections and a return envelope. If you are unable to attend the Annual Meeting or would like to fill it out ahead of time, please fill out the enclosed mail-in ballot and send it back in the return envelope. There are 5 nominations for 4 open positions for 3-year terms. Please send the mail-in ballot back in the return envelope by March 22nd. Or if you plan on attending and prefer you can fill out a ballot the day of the meeting.
Please RSVP by filling out the form below by March 22nd.
Join Zoom Meeting
One tap mobile
+1 312 626 6799
Meeting ID: 822 6865 5582