AgVA's Porfolio Strategy
Ag Ventures Alliance (AgVA) invests solely in businesses involved in; buying products/services from or selling products/services to both the agriculture market/agri-businesses. AgVA focuses on areas within the agriculture industry that will positively impact our members.
AgVA is particularly interested in opportunities in the following areas:
- Animal Health: Diagnostics, nutraceuticals, vaccines, feeds and therapeutics for livestock or companion animals
- Bio-based Products and Processes: Use of biotechnology to produce “novel” products or by-products from agricultural outputs.
- Environmentally Friendly Technologies: Livestock waste/odor management and utilization; agricultural technology that reduces the use of water, fertilizer and chemical inputs, increasing yields, and improving food quality and safety; agricultural technology that lessens erosion and/or chemical runoff.
- Food Safety: Pathogen or toxin detection and protection; food security; agro-terrorism deterrence.
- Other Production Technologies; Novel crop or livestock processing technologies; livestock and crop genetics; bio-based polymers, coatings and adhesives; nanotechnologies in plant and animal biotechnology.
- Production Agriculture: including but not limited to the raising of livestock; aquaculture; the cultivation of plants, fungi, and other life forms for food, fiber, biofuel, medicinal and other products used to sustain and enhance human life.